Tuesday, December 11, 2007

hand made gift boxes...

Today I am sharing 2 gift boxes complete with ribbon and bows that I made using nothing more than paper and tape! Thanks to Jacki (a fellow Gingerwoodie) for sending me to this http://picasaweb.google.com/wyobart website for the instructions to make these boxes. I do not know the owner of the website other than her name is Susie. These boxes are so fun to make and absolutely stunning in my opinion! To make the 2 boxes shown, I used papers from DCWV (winter and Christmas) packs. The nice thing about using these packs is that every paper cooridinates!

Here is a lime green box, with plaid lid, and polka dot ribbon/bow.
This one is a cranberry red, with green patterened lid, and polka dot ribbon/bow.

And here is a close up of the bows. These boxes end up being 4 x 4 inches - just the perfect size for my hand made Christmas ornaments I am making for my daycare children.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are wonderful and thanks for the link!

Karen said...

Beautiful boxes Shellie! What a fun way to use some of the paper I have hanging around here!