Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas tree ornament and card

Karen, an online friend of mine, told me about this http://www.tallmouse.com/projects/xmas/apricelessgift/index.htm cute little project. I loved the idea of it but wanted to make mine a bit different. So I decided to turn mine into a Christmas tree ornament for my parents, and my siblings. I like to give each of them something little for every Holiday and thought this would be nice.
The box was purchased at Target in the wedding section. You get 50 plain white boxes for around $12.00 I believe. I stamped it with snowflakes using Encore inks. I then wrapped the ribbon around it, and made the bow out of cooridinating paper. I added silver cording for the hanger.

This is the card I made to go with the ornament. Just like the box, I stamped snowflakes using the Encore inks. I will simply slip it behind the ribbon when I present the gift to my family members. They can either leave it there, or take it out before hanging it on the tree. It reads:

"We took an ordinary box as empty as can be, we filled it with a special gift, and wrapped it carefully. But please don't ever open it, just leave the ribbon tied, and hold it tightly near your heart, because our love for you's inside."


No comments: