Saturday, January 5, 2008

More Monkeying Around...

I've been having so much fun with this stamp set! When I originally decided to purchase it, I thought it would make cute baby cards and young children cards. But then the more I looked at it, I thought maybe, just maybe I could make cards for older people too, without it looking too childish. Here are 2 more of my attempts.

This first card I made to give my husband for Valentine's Day. The inside reads "Hey Valentine, feel like monkeying around?" I added a small paper flower to the girl monkey's hair. At first I was going to stamp "Happy Valentine's Day" somewhere on the front of the card but couldn't come up with a spot that looked just right, kwim? So I pulled out my ribbon that I bought at the Target $ Spot and thought "perfect!" Doesn't that ribbon look so cute?
This second card is a Birthday card. I figure it would work for a child or teen. I didn't have any ribbon that said "happy birthday" so I made my own! This is the first time I've stamped on ribbon and it worked really nice. It looks a bit blurry in the picture but in person, it's nice and crisp.

No comments: